A Place to Grow
Effective Gentle Caring
A husband, father and grandfather with life experience, Phil also has:
Bachelor of Counselling - UNE
Bachelor of Commerce - UoN
PACFA Reg Clinical 20609
Victims Services Provider Reg #A2698
Diploma of Hypnotherapy
Diploma of Psychophysical Healing
Over 25 years working with people in Counselling settings.
I am not a psychologist - I am a Counsellor!
Phil commenced practice as an Hypnotherapist in 1996. Since then, he has gained experience with:
- Lifeline Newcastle & Hunter 15 years - telephone Counsellor / face to face Counsellor & Supervisor / Telephone & F2F Supervisor / trainer
- SIDS and Kids Newcastle and Hunter - Bereavement Counsellor, trainer
- Relationships Australia - group facilitator, men's domestic violence groups, parenting after separation groups, relationship building, training
- ARAFMI - Supervisor
- EAP's - Employment Assistance Programs - as Counsellor working with onsite, critical incident, individual, phone, Zoom, training
- Private practice for 25 years
- Fully accredited and insured.
- National Serviceman - RAAC
1,000's of Hours Experience
Working with couples, individuals and groups as Counsellor, Supervisor, Trainer and Mentor.
Time to stop carrying to load for everyone.
"Self-care is NOT self-ish"
Gentle guidance and direction.
Our behaviours try to help us - YES! Even when they hurt, even when they don't seem to be working.
If we only want to fix our behaviours, go to Google - there are hundreds of answers there.
If we want to understand ourselves, learn, appreciate the amazing person that we already are, then my suggestion is that Counselling Phil style - connection and curiosity - may give you the understanding and tools to be able to grow and have a healthier life. Let's change the "need" for the behaviours, and they will change themselves. We are not a diagnosis - we are a human being experiencing life.
A quote from Pema Chodrin - "The purpose is not to change ourselves, rather to make friends with who we already are".
Sometimes we can just get a hint of who we are - and need a safe way to find it.